Friday, October 15, 2010

Cleaning and Laundry Tips (tip #1) Home made Laundry Soap

This is a recipe for home made laundry soap I found online. I have finally tried this and I can tell you it works great. You can use any soap like Fels-Naptha, Ivory , Sunlight bar soap, Kirk’s Hardwater Castile. I use whatever I happen to have on hand. 
What I also do is reuse those plastic containers I've had from other laundry soaps I had bought. They come in real handy for storing your home made laundry soap. Just remember to shake well before using and it tends to gel.

Hot water
1 bar (4.5 oz) Ivory Soap – grated
1/2 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1/2 cup Borax Laundry booster
  • In a large saucepan bring 4 cups hot water to boil and add grated soap. Heat over medium-low heat and stir until soap is melted.
  • Add 1/2 cup borax laundry booster and
  • 1/2 cup Arm & Hammer washing soda
  • Stir till dissolved
  • Add 6 cups of hot water to a large pail . Add soap mixture and top off with 2.gallons of  water,  Stir until well mixed.
  • Set aside to cool.
  • Use 1/2 -1 cup per full load
I hope you get the chance to make this and try it , as it really is a wonderful soap, and handy to when you run out of the store bought brands.

NewsFeed

Subscribe to our Feeds

Get the latest News



Borrowed Photos

Many Photos used on my website are mine. But for the times I don't use my own, I get my photos here at Public Domain Pictures

Our Friends