Cleaning and Laundry Tips (tip #1) Home made Laundry Soap

This is a recipe for home made laundry soap I found online. I have finally tried this and I can tell you it works great. You can use any soap like Fels-Naptha, Ivory , Sunlight bar soap, Kirk’s Hardwater Castile. I use whatever I happen to have on hand. 
What I also do is reuse those plastic containers I've had from other laundry soaps I had bought. They come in real handy for storing your home made laundry soap. Just remember to shake well before using and it tends to gel.

Hot water
1 bar (4.5 oz) Ivory Soap – grated
1/2 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1/2 cup Borax Laundry booster
  • In a large saucepan bring 4 cups hot water to boil and add grated soap. Heat over medium-low heat and stir until soap is melted.
  • Add 1/2 cup borax laundry booster and
  • 1/2 cup Arm & Hammer washing soda
  • Stir till dissolved
  • Add 6 cups of hot water to a large pail . Add soap mixture and top off with 2.gallons of  water,  Stir until well mixed.
  • Set aside to cool.
  • Use 1/2 -1 cup per full load
I hope you get the chance to make this and try it , as it really is a wonderful soap, and handy to when you run out of the store bought brands.