Cabbage Roll Recipe

Cabbage for cabbage rolls

My husband loves cabbage rolls and loves whenever I make them. I try to always make them for his birthday. Something special for a special guy on a special day. Could it be anymore special *big grin* Well anyway

I thought I'd share my quick and easy (anyone can make) recipe for all of you. Enjoy!
Have a tip/comment, please let me know in the comment section.

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds Ground chuck
  • 1 Tsp Sea salt
  • 1/2 Tsp Ground pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic (diced/minced)
  • 1 small diced onion
  • Large head of cabbage
  • 2 cans Spanish Rice
  • 1 large jar of Prego Spaghetti sauce (or tomato sauce will do)

Note:  You don't really need the onion, or garlic if using spanish rice as it has that and peppers in it already. This is just extra I do for more of the onion/garlic flavor we love around here.
Note 2:   If you can't find canned spanish rice, you can use the boxed kind that needs cooking and tomato sauce to make. I just find it easier and quicker to add the cans.

Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees

How to make :

  • Gently pull apart each cabbage leaf to boil in water for about 3-4 minutes. (3-4 leaves at a time.)
  • In large bowl mix together salt, pepper, beef, diced or minced garlic, onion and spanish rice
  • After cabbage is pre-cooked and cooled add beef mixture to each leaf (about 1/3 cup)
  • Roll up each leaf (jelly roll style) Placing seam on bottom. Place each roll in casserole dish(s)
  • Use about 1/4 cup of Spaghetti or tomato sauce and pour on each cabbage roll (after rolled up and in the casserole dish) 

Bake covered for 1&1/2 hours then uncovered for 30 minutes more.

Thanks for stopping by. We love having guests over. Be well, be blessed and have a great day! Love, Mary