|Cabbage for cabbage rolls|
My husband loves cabbage rolls and loves whenever I make them. I try to always make them for his birthday. Something special for a special guy on a special day. Could it be anymore special *big grin* Well anyway
I thought I'd share my quick and easy (anyone can make) recipe for all of you. Enjoy!
Have a tip/comment, please let me know in the comment section.
- 2 pounds Ground chuck
- 1 Tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (diced/minced)
- 1 small diced onion
- Large head of cabbage
- 2 cans Spanish Rice
- 1 large jar of Prego Spaghetti sauce (or tomato sauce will do)
Note: You don't really need the onion, or garlic if using spanish rice as it has that and peppers in it already. This is just extra I do for more of the onion/garlic flavor we love around here.
Note 2: If you can't find canned spanish rice, you can use the boxed kind that needs cooking and tomato sauce to make. I just find it easier and quicker to add the cans.
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
How to make :
- Gently pull apart each cabbage leaf to boil in water for about 3-4 minutes. (3-4 leaves at a time.)
- In large bowl mix together salt, pepper, beef, diced or minced garlic, onion and spanish rice
- After cabbage is pre-cooked and cooled add beef mixture to each leaf (about 1/3 cup)
- Roll up each leaf (jelly roll style) Placing seam on bottom. Place each roll in casserole dish(s)
- Use about 1/4 cup of Spaghetti or tomato sauce and pour on each cabbage roll (after rolled up and in the casserole dish)
Bake covered for 1&1/2 hours then uncovered for 30 minutes more.
Thanks for stopping by. We love having guests over. Be well, be blessed and have a great day! Love, Mary