Life As I See It- Nasty Frozen Foods

                                         
Unhealthy Frozen Food

  Poor Qualtiry and High Prices.
 That's the start of frozen foods.


I was always a fan of the frozen foods when I was younger. Because if you think about it, it's nothing more than fast food. Sort of like McDonalds. Pull it out of the freezer, pop it into the oven/microwave and whala.
Instant no mess, no prep. food served in always under an hour. While you go on your way to tend to other things. How easy could that be.
But what about the taste and quality of the food you're eating and serving to those you love.?

I have had the big name brands to those not so known or the ones known for their cheaper pricing and I can't get over how horrible they are. From Frozen to boxed and bagged foods, I am not a fan.

The best thing I have found is to take a day (alone or with some friends) make it a baking day party if need be and spend a day or two preparing a week or twos worth of food to freeze so you can just take it from the freezer and pop it into the microwave/oven for convience.

I purchased a frozen meal that was supposed to serve 10 people. The package showed a lovely picture of what was supposed to be in the box and looked really appetizing. Wrong!!

This food was supposed to be meatloaf and I have to tell you that this was not meatloaf. The picture showed delicious looking slices of meat and nice portions of steak fries on the box. When I opened it the slices were almost meatball shaped and about the size of that. There was no way I was getting 10 servings out of this. 6 at most if I halved everything to pea size, you know, child sized portions for toddlers. The potatoes were barely there and there was some kind of sick looking runny wet juice in with it. Was it supposed to be broth? gravy? What!?
But I paid for it. So I would give it a try. Maybe looks are deceiving. Not really.

what is this crap?!
The food came out like a mixture of manure, rubber and plastic. So sick and digusting there was no way anyone could eat this garbage.
So I thought I would try it on my animals, seeing as animals are supposed to eat most anything, right? Wrong.!  I have several cats, a dog and a Pot bellied pig. I tried them all. Now when you serve this to your pets and they won't eat it. It's bad food. {Well food really isn't the word for it.}
Not to mention them looking at the food, then you, then the food again and then one more time at you like they are going to rip your face apart for even suggesting they eat this crap . Now you know it's bad.


So what's in this poor quality food we are trying to eat? what makes it rubbery and the consistency that it is? (and god forbid those of us who are eating it) for what ever reason.
Money you have spent and not wanting to waste it, (so called food) bought and again not wanting to waste food. Or the fact that there is nothing else in the house to eat and no way at that moment to get anything else so we eat it. What could be in this food? what is added to this garbage? How are they getting away with calling it food and passing it off to be eaten?
STOP! Throw it away!

Start making your own frozen foods. Pre-cook them, cool them and then freeze them *with labels* and you'll have a freezer full of delicious healthy food when you need it.

Some of the most unhealthy (not necessarily bad tasting)  frozen dinners are those with big names, like Marie Callender's, Stouffer's, and banquet.  with the fat content and the calories in these dishes most people should stop there, not to mention the sodium in these dinners. If you have problems with high blood pressure and eating all this sodium is going to cause you health problems,  DO NOT eat frozen foods.
Also Boston Market and Jimmy Dean are high on the list of unhealthy frozen foods. And last but not least Swanson frozen meals.
So if you're looking for healthy, good quality, good tasting, low cost frozen dinners, make your own. You'll not get them from big name companies.

As always, thanks for stopping by and visiting us here at CountryLife4Me. We love having you over. Our home is your home.
Be well, be blessed and have a terrific day!
Love, Mary 

Disclaimer: This blog is just a collection of my random thoughts. I created this blog with NO intention to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company or individual, or anyone or thing. This blog is created to do no harm, to not injure others, defame or libel. It contains my personal opinions only. What I have written on my blog is not to be taken as fact nor absolute.