Low Sodium Crock pot Meatball Subs

Crock Pot Recipes
I love meatball subs. They are one of my favorite food. But I make them at home. I don't usually eat them out. I don't like them as much. So I am sharing my recipe with all of you so you can try them as well. 

  • Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef - or you can use ground turkey for an even leaner and healthier dish.
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup bread crumbs - I use homemade bread. I think it taste better.
  • 2 cloves garlic , minced
  • 1/2 large onion , diced
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt (use less for a lower sodium meal)
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 jar pasta sauce - I use prego. I think it's the best around. I don't like ragu.
  • 4 Italian rolls - 6 inches long 
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella/provalone cheese

      Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef/turkey with egg, bread crumbs, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Mix with hands until all ingredients are well combined.
  1. Form mixture into 12 meatballs. Place meatballs in the bottom of slow cooker. Pour pasta sauce over meatballs, making sure that each one is completely covered.
  1. Cook on low for 8 hours. 
  1. To serve, halve each roll lengthwise and place 3 meatballs inside. Add a slice of mozzarella/provalone cheese to each. The hot meatballs will melt the cheese, but you can place sandwiches under the oven broiler for a minute to melt cheese completely. Serve hot.

Tips
You can toast your rolls before adding meatballs and cheese.
Be sure to use lean ground meat to avoid excess fat in your sauce.


Disclaimer:
All recipes that I have posted on my website have been tested and tried by me.
If you attempt to include or remove any ingredient please do so at your own discretion. But the recipe might turn out differently than I have described. 
Also Countrylife4me is not liable for any misuse of any of our recipes. 
The recipes on my website are for entertainment purposes and enjoyment only. I am not a chef. I have used my grandmothers recipes over the years and have modified some to my preference.

Please follow all instructions for best results.

Recipes taken from our site and prepared are done so "at your own risk". We are not responsible for any damage, medically or otherwise, resulting in the preparation of food.  Readers must take care to check the instructions provided and determine their value and any possible medical condition that may arise from the consumption of the ingredients listed in our recipes