Making Pizzelles

Pizzelle Maker

I love pizzelles. Plain or chocolate. I'm making them today so I thought I'd share a recipe. I use my pizzelle maker and it is so quick to make these. Now I do have to say that this is not my original recipe. I lost that one so I'm trying one I got offline. I can't say how they'll turn out but I'm going to give them a whirl. Wish me luck. Hopefully these will be really tasty.



Pizzelle Recipe
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
Powdered sugar

Preparation:
  • In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
  • beat together eggs and sugar, Add the melted butter, vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
  • Preheat your pizzelle baker . 
  • Lightly spray the pizzelle grids with non-stick spray
  • Drop batter by rounded tablespoonful onto center or each preheated grid pattern. 
  • Close lid and bake approximately 40 to 50 second depending on your preference for browning
  • remove the cooked pizzelles with the edge of a fork or a thin spatula.
  • Cool baked pizzelles completely and sprinkle each with powdered sugar.

Pizzelles can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months.

Chocolate Pizzelles - Mix 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons sugar. Add to basic recipe.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe. If you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share, just send me a message and I'll list it here. Be well, be blessed and have a great day. Love, Mary