I love pizzelles. Plain or chocolate. I'm making them today so I thought I'd share a recipe. I use my pizzelle maker and it is so quick to make these. Now I do have to say that this is not my original recipe. I lost that one so I'm trying one I got offline. I can't say how they'll turn out but I'm going to give them a whirl. Wish me luck. Hopefully these will be really tasty.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- beat together eggs and sugar, Add the melted butter, vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Preheat your pizzelle baker .
- Lightly spray the pizzelle grids with non-stick spray
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonful onto center or each preheated grid pattern.
- Close lid and bake approximately 40 to 50 second depending on your preference for browning
- remove the cooked pizzelles with the edge of a fork or a thin spatula.
- Cool baked pizzelles completely and sprinkle each with powdered sugar.
Pizzelles can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Pizzelles - Mix 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons sugar. Add to basic recipe.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe. If you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share, just send me a message and I'll list it here. Be well, be blessed and have a great day. Love, Mary