What I've Lost

A better healthier new me

The reason for this post is to let everyone know why I've been posting on health, wellness, exercise and eating right lately. Not only did I decide I was tire of having poor health and being tired all the time for no reason, but it was just time to take the bull by the horns and change my life.
For the better. I knew I had to make a change- (at least change what I could). And that was my eating habits, lack of exercise, getting rid of my poor health and to be a new me by getting back to the old me I used to be. I've even gotten my son in on this. He eats a little better and exercises 3 days out of the week. He has lost more than 3 pounds already. He only needs to lose about 8. So he is doing good.

So what are my posts going to be about and how many will be on these topics? A few. Not a lot. Some changes like a page on Low Sodium dishes, and Low Fat dishes. But mainly the same posts and topics I have always had. Something for everyone, but for those who are making a life change in this area as well, this will be of interest to them as well as me. I think everyone should try to be healthier. To live a better, longer, healthier, happier life and if I can inspire someone to get on the band wagon with me, all the better.

So how about that Post Title? What I've lost.
Well what I've lost since my new life change other than a good bit of weight. 19 pounds and counting. Is this.

  • I used to have sleep apnea really bad and that is gone.
  • I used to have seriously high blood pressure and that is gone along with the medication. 225/125 isn't good. At least that's what the parametic told me.
  • I used to have a severe case of acid reflux which would wake me up with an acid burning and gaging resulting in puking up acid vomit.
  • I used to have a pulse around 110 now it's between 60 and 72 all the time.
  • I have a throat problem that prevents me from eating normally and causes me to almost pass out at times. Food that should have been eaten within 15 minutes could take me 1-2 hours to get done eating. Now that is not a problem anymore.
  • Lack of sleep was inevitable with my weight and bad eating habits. But no longer. I sleep good. Most of the time throughout the night.
  • Chronic joint and muscle pain. Daily and nightly. So bad it felt like I had just been beaten with a ball bat. But I haven't had any recently. All those aches and pains diminished, if not completely gone.
So these are some of the things I've lost with the lifestyle change I've made. And I feel so much better as well as look better and I just want to share this with my readers. Hopefully someone who needs a change like this will get inspired, see the benefits on my post about health and wellness and jump on board and make changes in their own life.

Thanks for listening, and visiting. Be well, be blessed, live in good health, and have a great day! Love, Mary