Monday, April 20, 2015

Chicken and Cheese Empanada Recipe

Chicken and Cheese Empanada Recipe
It's been a little while since I made a post. I have been enjoying our beautiful Spring weather. Also doing more walking. I have upped my
walking time and in addition burning more calories. Therefore losing more weight. I have lost 28 1/2 pounds to date. 
I have a recipe for all of you that I think you'll enjoy. It really is delicious and I'm sure you're going to love it.

Chicken and Cheese Empanadas. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. cold water, divided
  • 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 1/2 cup mild Salsa
  • 1 cup  Mexican Style Shredded  Cheese 
  •  1 egg
How to prepare:
  • COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender  until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add 1/4 cup water, stirring until mixture forms ball. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5-7 min. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate while preparing filling.
  • COOK chicken and onions  in skillet on medium-high heat 5-6 min. Add salsa; cook and stir 2 min. Cool. Heat oven to 375ºF. Divide dough into 6 pieces; roll out each piece on lightly floured surface to 8-inch round. Place in single layer on baking sheet.
  • STIR cheese into chicken mixture; spoon 1/2 cup onto half of each dough round. Beat egg and remaining water; brush onto edges of dough rounds.
  • FOLD dough rounds in half to enclose filling; press tops to remove air. Seal edges with fork. Brush with remaining egg. Bake 20 min.

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day! Eat well, stay healthy and be blessed. Love, Mary

NewsFeed

Subscribe to our Feeds

Get the latest News



Borrowed Photos

Many Photos used on my website are mine. But for the times I don't use my own, I get my photos here at Public Domain Pictures

Our Friends