Scrambled Eggs and Rice Recipe

Scrambled eggs and rice dish


I had some rice left over and I wanted to eat it (no waste) and so I had the idea of mixing it in with some scrambled eggs. Tastes so good. Then I decided to look online to see if there was anyone else doing this and of course, there was. So there are a lot of different recipes out there with many different versions. This just happens to be one I like and thought I'd share it with you.

             

Recipe Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter (For a healthier version I use cooking spray)

4 large eggs
1 cup cooked brown rice (unsalted)

1 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/4 cup milk 

1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 - 1 teaspoon soy sauce (You can omit this if you're not a soy sauce fan)

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper


Cooking Directions:
  1. Heat butter in frying pan.
  2. Beat eggs. Add rice, milk, onions, spinach, soy sauce salt and black pepper.
  3. Pour mixture into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are done.
Thanks for stopping in and visiting. Hope you enjoy the recipe. Please comment if you did or if you have one I can try. 
Be well and blessed. Love, Mary