Baking Day and the Spectator


So yesterday was my baking day. I baked plenty of waffles for the freezer so we could have them for a while and did the bread. We'll eat some and the rest will be put up.

I was truly a mess when all was said and done. I'm always that way when I bake. I put the measuring cup into the container of flour and it made a bomb effect and went all over me , the stove and the floor. My kids just laughed. I guess it would be kind of comedic.

The aromas must have permeated the outside world because all day a opossum tried his best to get into the house. Climbed up on the porch, got up on the window and started putting his nose in the air sniffing and looking around and started tapping and scrapping at the window. Either wanting in or wanting the food he smelled.
It was quite comical. I couldn't get to my bedroom to get my camera/video recorder for a picture as my hands were in dough and my camera would have been a wreck. At least by the time I was done with it.

The bread pictured is what is for sale. Easy to do in our neighborhood. I don't know to many women around here that bake. If they do it's not that often. We do have the Amish and they also bake of course but I have found several don't seem to have the knack for baking like you would think. My family eats mine so fast I don't remember if I've made any or not. Anything home baked around here.

So that is what I did yesterday. I try to do this as often as I can. Prepare food to freeze for a later time. Sometimes I don't have time to cook, or am not up to it (or in the mood) so I like the prepared, planned freezer meals.

As always, thanks for stopping by and visiting. Be well, be blessed and have a great day! Love, Mary