What Animals Hiss?

No Way These Babies Hiss!
My cats hiss all the time. Snakes hiss regularly. But I found it fascinating when the opossum on our porch hissed my daughter the other night. Of course it was frightened. She startled it as well as the other way around. But this made me want to find out what other animals hiss. So here is the list of animals I found that will hiss. There could be more but these are what I found.



  • Cats 
  • Snakes
  • Badgers
  • Hamsters
  • Raccoons 
  • Porcupines
  • Spiders
  • Opossums
  • Polar Bears
  • Bats
  • Mice and Rats
  • Beetles
  • Turtles and Tortoises
Isn't that fascinating? I thought it was. So the hissing is not limited to snakes and cats. I rarely get to hear the sounds of most animals and never close up. So when I found a website online that had sounds with the animal it was fun to listen to.

As always, thanks for your visit. Be well, be blessed and have a terrific day! Love, Mary