Choice of Exercise for the New Year

I decided that the New Year would be the time for me to start my exercise program again. So instead of waiting for 2015. I started slowly in Dec. 2014. Exercising 3-4 days a week for 12 minutes. Then I increased to 15, then again to 25 minutes. I still only do 4 days a week right now but I'm still doing 25 minutes. I need the exercise badly. I was getting pretty seditary. Housework doesn't provide much of the needed workout.

I chose the treadmill with weights because I have many options with the machine I have and I rarely have the opportunity to leave the house, or yard for any length of time.

Facts about the Treadmill
Did you know that a treadmill can help you 
  1. lose weight
  2. as well as make your bones and muscles stronger.
  3. It also helps to relieve depression and stress
  4. and lower your risk for diabetes
  5. arthritis
  6. heart disease
  7. high cholesterol
  8. high blood pressure,(which is my health problem)
  9. and colon cancer.
Here are some tips to maximize your treadmill workout:
  • Start out slow and always use at least a 1% incline.
  • Work up gradually by either adding speed or incline to you workout. One or the other until you're comfortable with what you are doing and then add more of the other in.
  • The best way to burn calories is the distance you go, not the intensity of the workout. You can add the intensity part later on.
  • Put on your favorite music or movie while working out. This allows for distraction of the workout.
  • If you like, work your way up to a jog or run. No need to worry about hurting the treadmill. There is a built-in spring in the treadmill that allows for cushion to your stride.
Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, dietitan, or nutritionist. I do not hold any medical degree. I make no claims to any specialized medical training. Please consult with your health care provider to make informed decisions based upon what is best for you. The health and health and beauty information on this Website is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care.I am not liable for any incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents

As always thanks for your visit. Be well. be blessed and have a great day! Love, Mary