|Stain Removal Tips|
I also have a Stain Removal Page for all sorts of stubborn stains. Be sure to check it out for our latest removal tips.
Ash Stain Removal From Clothing
- Shake off any excess ashes from the fabric, being careful not to spread the stain further into the fabric.
- Run the fabric, inside out, under cold water to flush out as much of the ash as possible.
- Pretreat the stain with a prewash stain remover.
- Launder in the hottest water the fabric will allow to get out the ash stain, and either chlorine bleach if the fabric will allow it, or color safe bleach.
- If these steps do not work you can next try sponging the ash stained area with rubbing alcohol to remove the stain. Then, wash as normal.
Hint: Make sure the stain is gone after washing, before putting in the dryer or you make the stain worse.
Thanks for visiting. Have a great day! Love, Mary