Low Sodium Corn Chowder Recipe

Perfect
Corn Chowder Recipe
This recipe is great. It is called for sausage which I don't use due to not eating pork and also a more reduced sodium level without it.
If you want the pork then you can add it and the info. will be listed at the bottom of post.



Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 cups cubed peeled red potato
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 cups whole kernel corn
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk / light cream
  • 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons parsley

Preparation

  • 1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in potato and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Remove 2 cups, purée, and return to pan.
  • 2. Stir in milk over low heat; cook until thick. Remove from heat. Top  with cheese and parsley flakes.

Note: 4-6 ounces low fat sausage/ chicken sausage can be added if desired
Note 2: With pork 188 calories and 133 mg sodium Per serving. Approximately 1 cup each

Recipe Disclosure

All recipes that I have posted on my website have been tested and tried by me.
Please follow all instructions for best results.

If you attempt to include or remove anything ingredient please do so at your own discretion. But the recipe will not taste like I have described. It may not even be edible if changed to much.

Also Countrylife4me is not liable for any misuse in the way of to much added, to little, left out ingredients,changes made to the recipes, different bakeware used or different temperature settings and times the recipes are cooked.

The recipes on my website are for entertainment purposes and enjoyment only. I am not a chef. I have used my grandmothers recipes over the years and have modified some to my preference.