Heart Health and Wellness

Heart Health Information
As I've started the new year (Jump started in December) I've started not only exercising but also eating right and looking for any health benefit I can find to fit into my life. So I'm listing a bit about Heart health and some really good foods to help boost the heart into fitness. Keeping healthy is a lifestyle change and I've decided to make that change and to pass some healthy information on to all my readers from time to time as well. 



Some important facts and Information about Heart Health

A healthy heart is determined by the quantity and types of food you eat.
If you consume a diet rich in olive oil and nuts, you have a much lower risk for heart disease. I hate olives and olive oil but have added nuts *all kinds* to my daily food intake. From Peanuts, to Pecans, Hazelnuts, to Pistachios. I eat about 1/4 cup at least every other day. And a lot of fish, like tuna and salmon.

On taking Aspirin. Did you know that it can help heart attack patients avoid a second heart attack, but if you don't have heart disease, you should not take aspirin. (I did not know this and was told to take this low dose aspirin daily) Aspirin can be just as harmful as well as doing a lot of good. A study was done by the JAMA (Journal of American Medical Association) and showed daily low dose aspirin did not reduce first heart attack or stroke incidents. This was shocking but well received information.

There are also a lot of foods that are good for heart health and so I'm listing some of those here to let you know what you can eat to add health to your heart.

The foods listed here are all best in protecting your heart and blood vessels. 

  1. Salmon
  2. Oatmeal
  3. Almonds
  4. Walnuts
  5. Tuna
  6. Blueberries
  7. Carrots
  8. Oranges
  9. Tomatoes
  10. Broccoli


This is just a partial list. There are more heart healthy foods that you can eat. Just search for them online or grab a book at your local library to find out what they are. Be good to yourself and your heart. Eat healthy, live well.

As always, thanks for stopping in. I love company. Be well, be blessed and have a great day! Love, Mary