Back Pain Home Remedies

Back Pain Home Remedies
I suffer from a lot of back pain. Since I was a teenager and thrown into a pool where I hit the bottom and was temporarily
paralyzed . It can hurt everywhere. But mostly I have lower back pain. even at the tip of the tail bone. So I thought I'd share some home remedies that I have tried over the years with all of you.

Hot compresses. You can begin to apply heat to your back 48 hours after an injury. Warmth relaxes tight muscles, increases blood flow, and is extremely soothing. Use a heating pad, or take a hot shower or bath. A bath really does work better I believe. You can soak the back for as long as you want.
If it has been more than 24 hours that have passed since the injury occurred, ice will not help reduce pain or inflammation. After that first day, heat can increase the elasticity of the muscles, so try soaking in a tub of hot water for 20 minutes or more.

Use a cushion. Most seats in cars and trucks are not designed to support the small of your back. If the seat in your vehicle doesn't, buy a small cushion that can be fitted to provide the missing support. If you sit for long hours, get up and walk around periodically to increase blood flow and decrease stiffness.

Watch your weight. Maintaining a healthy body weight may help take the strain off the back muscles by lightening their load.
.

Invest in a good mattress. A soft, sagging mattress can cause back problems or worsen an existing problem. So a good mattress is essential. You can also use a three-quarter-inch-thick piece of plywood placed between the mattress and box springs. This is what I have used for years now.

Thanks for visiting. Have a well, happy and blessed day! Love, Mary