Monday, April 25, 2016
Back Pain and Exercise
Now if you haven’t exercised much in the past you will want to make sure to start slowly and work your way up gradually.
1. The first thing you need to do is to support the muscles that support your spine. There are several exercises that do this. Like the pelvic tilt.
2. The next thing would be to keep your core muscles limber by doing stretches. One would be the knee to chest stretch.
Note: One of the worst stretches for a person with back pain is toe touches, done with legs straight. Not recommended.
3. Another great exercise is swimming. Which uses the large muscles in your body. This is the best one.
4. Walking is another great exercise for those with back problems.
Note: Jogging , running, or any high impact aerobic exercise should not be done or done with caution. Always check with your doctor.
5. Yoga (although I have never done this personally) is supposed to be a very good activity for those with back pain. Yoga combines strength with flexibility.
6. Also using an exercise ball is good. This can be used for strengthening and stretching. There are a good number of exercises using an exercise ball, just make sure to get some training to be sure and use it correctly.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or physical therapist , nurse or any trained medical professional. Be sure to check with your doctor and find out what is right and best for you. Especially if you have back problems or have had surgery. Medical advice is recommended.
Thanks for stopping by. Be well and blessed. Love, Mary
Subscribe to our Feeds
Get the latest News
Many Photos used on my website are mine. But for the times I don't use my own, I get my photos here at Public Domain Pictures