Health And Fitness-The Clutter And The Fog


 Did you know that a cluttered house/office can have a major effect on you? 
Clutter can affect your anxiety levels, sleep, and ability to focus.

This is what I have been having trouble with lately. Anxiety and focus. I do have OCD and my house is always clean, but,  we have been having a lot brought into the house lately and our house is small and so we have nowhere to put the stuff, So even though I have been placing things strategically and precisely, I still see this as clutter. Things that do not belong there. I'm also a minimalist and this isn't helping. I will find a place for these items and get my house in order again within a few days, but for now, I'm foggy and discombobulated.   

Messy homes and workspaces will leave you feeling anxious, helpless, and overwhelmed. Our brains like order. And constant visual reminders of disorganization drain our cognitive resources, reducing our ability to be able to focus properly. This is what's been happing to me lately. I can't focus, think, or concentrate. I'm in a fog. My speech is even sometimes slurred. I'm not even able to think of what I want to say or do.

The visual distraction of clutter increases cognitive overload and can reduce our working memory. Ultimately, clutter creates psychological pressure and continually disrupts our peace and inner harmony.

Clean homes and organized spaces are proven to reduce stress, improve happiness, and even improve your eating and exercise habits.

There is evidence that clutter can negatively impact mental well-being, particularly among women. Clutter can also increase levels of cortisol, a stress hormone.