Coffee Break -Tough Times


 I have been going through a lot this year (2020). More than any other year of my existence. There have been so many trials in my life that it is hard to get up some mornings. Sadness has overwhelmed me, fear has gripped me, terror has stalked me. But then I remembered God, his word, and his promises.

(Philippians 4:6–7)

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

So I gave everything to God and put my fears to rest. Things will always work out if you -ember, God goes before you. He is already there. He has this. You needn't worry. 

 The Bible is a  source of encouragement. The words of  Christ can comfort us when we’re feeling broken, weary, and useless.

New Testament authors can fill us and inspire us to face these tough life challenges.

You can always lean on God’s promises for comfort and rest during these darkest hours.

 (Matthew 11:28–30)

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28–30)

While the circumstances of your life can push you to be physically, emotionally, or mentally ill or to your breaking point, Christ offers us a lighter burden.

 (2 Corinthians4:16–18)

“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”