Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Sourdough Discard Pancake Muffins

Use Sourdough Discard For Pancake Muffins

A breakfast recipe made with sourdough starter.

I have just started using sourdough starter. This is one thing you can make with it. I have made my first loaf of bread, which turned out great and my family loved it. I don't know how often I will use it as we are not big eaters here, but I am going to try something new every week. We'll see how it goes. I think you'll like this recipe, and I hope you let me know how it turns out for you if you try it.

Ingredients

  1.  1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour 
  2.  4 Tbsp. White Granulated Sugar
  3.  1 tsp. Baking Powder 
  4.  1/4 tsp. Salt 
  5.  1 cup Sourdough Starter
  6.  1 1/2 cups Milk
  7.  1/4 cup Butter, Melted
  8. 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract 
  9. 1 Egg 


Instructions

  • Preheat Your oven to 350°
  • Lightly grease a muffin tin and set aside. (I use cooking spray)
  • In a mixing bowl: whisk together the dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
  • In another mixing bowl: whisk together the wet ingredients: milk,sourdough starter, vanilla extract, butter and egg.
  • Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Let rest for 4-5 minutes.
  • Scoop the batter into your muffin tin.
  • Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.