Monday, June 3, 2024

I Didn't Know They Ate Those!


 I really didn't know they ate those! My cat, had 4 kittens. Outside on our porch in a box. One of the kittens died. I believe it was because she had it on one end of the box and was at the other with the other three.  We buried it. Then one day. 

Three days before they turned three weeks old, one came up missing. We couldn't find it anywhere on the property. Gone. Just gone. Then three days after the kittens turned three weeks and three days after the other one went missing, another one was being taken. 

Tiny And Brave Heart
We heard a big commotion, and my husband looked out onto the porch and saw a kitten being taken under the porch by a raccoon. It was in its mouth. He hollered what was going on, and my son went out to help. It was at night, so he grabbed a flashlight so we could see, and my husband grabbed one of his guns. My son aimed the light and my husband shot to scare the coon and it worked. He got scared and dropped the kitten. My son went around to the other side of the house and the little baby kitty, who couldn't even walk yet, started to run with all of his might to my son. He grabbed him and checked him out. No injuries, no blood, safe. 

We hadn't named them yet and so the little one we call, tiny, and the one who was so brave, we call brave heart. Now, we know what happened to the other little kitten. They are now in the house with us.

Not a great image. But when kittens won't hold still,       pictures are up in the air for grabs. 

Also, so much for trusting the adorable-faced raccoons.  

Link To Us